ADAP EMERGENCY MEDICATION ASSISTANCE
September 11, 2017
Due to the Governor’s Executive Order 17-235 declaring a state of emergency for all 67 counties in the state, there is EMERGENCY MEDICATION ASSISTANCE available for any ADAP client.
This is available ONLY for emergency needs of a medication refill and may be used ONLY during this declared state of emergency.
- For currently insured clients:
- ADAP clients can pick up medications at any retail pharmacy in the Pharmacy Benefits Manager (CVS/Caremark) network.
- Clients should take a prescription or a bottle of the medication, indicating that there is a refill available, to the network pharmacy.
- For uninsured (direct dispense) clients:
- Client will need to be added to the CVS database PRIOR to accessing a network pharmacy. To be added, contact 954-467-4700.
- County ADAP staff who have confirmed the client’s emergency fill request will need to call the EMERGENCY NUMBER, 850-545-6836, to have a client added to the CVS database.
Clients using retail pharmacies can use network pharmacies along the evacuation routes.
The #FL Emergency Information Line has been activated 24/7. For up-to-date information regarding #Irma the public may call 1-800-342-3557. Also, please see this link for important information from the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.