UPDATE ON DOH-BROWARD PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
September 14, 2017
**HURRICANE IRMA **
Public Health Advisory #8
Contact: Candy Sims
(954) 467-4784, email@example.com
(Fort Lauderdale) - Florida Department of Health in Broward County is reopening more services and programs after Hurricane Irma. As of Thursday, September 14, 2017, most services and locations are available, including:
- Birth and Death Certificates
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
- HIV Test and Treat
- Edgar Mills, Fort Lauderdale, Paul Hughes, North Regional and South Regional Health Centers -- services are limited.
- KidCare Outreach
- Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
- Perinatal HIV Prevention, HIV Prevention and HIV Surveillance
- Tobacco Prevention
- Environmental Health
- Administrative offices
Other services and locations will resume as soon as they become available. Please check http://broward.floridahealth.gov/ or call (954) 467-4705 for updates.
Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Services
If you are scheduled for a WIC appointment between now and Saturday, September 16, 2017, one month of benefits has been loaded electronically. Please check your EBT card to see if benefits were loaded. If you have questions, call (954) 767-5111. WIC offices are scheduled to reopen on Monday, September 18, 2017.
ADAP/Pharmacy is open. If you cannot come to our pharmacy and need an emergency medication refill, see the following:
- Currently insured - You can pick up medication at any retail pharmacy in the Pharmacy Benefits Manager (CVS/Caremark) network. You should take a prescription or a bottle of the medication, indicating that there is a refill available, to the network pharmacy.
- Currently uninsured (direct dispense client) - Please call (954) 467-4705.
Please call (954) 467-4700 Ext. 5582 (Weekdays 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM). (954) 734-3046 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Please call your utility company for information on water, safety and boil water notices.
Florida Power & Light
Please report power outages and downed power lines to 1-800-468-8243.
- Broward County - 311 or (954) 831-4000
- Florida - 1-800-342-3557
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.