- Biomedical Waste
- Body Piercing
- Drinking Water
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Group Care
- Healthy Beaches
- Indoor Air
- Mobile Home Parks
- Onsite Sewage Disposal
- Pools and Spas
- Rabies Surveillance
- Broward County Health and Sanitary Control Board
- Smart Growth
- Well Surveillance
- Water Well Construction
- Sanitary Nuisance
Indoor Air Quality
This program works to reduce the health effects of indoor air quality problems by providing information to Broward County residents. Links can be found below for information on indoor air quality, mold and radon.
- Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers.
- Did you know 1 in 5 homes in Florida has an elevated radon level?
- Test your home free of charge by filling out this form!
- Radon is a naturally occurring, odorless, colorless, tasteless, and radioactive gas produced from the radioactive decay of radium, found in most soils and earthen construction materials.
- Radon is the single largest source of radiation exposure in the U.S.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that radon is responsible for more than 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year in the U.S. (about one person every 25 minutes).
- U.S. Surgeon General recommends all houses be tested for radon.
- For more information visit our webpage at radon.floridahealth.gov