- Biomedical Waste
- Body Piercing
- Drinking Water
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Group Care
- Healthy Beaches
- Indoor Air
- Mobile Home Parks
- Onsite Sewage Disposal
- Pools and Spas
- Rabies Surveillance
- Broward County Health and Sanitary Control Board
- Smart Growth
- Well Surveillance
- Water Well Construction
- Sanitary Nuisance
The Florida Department of Health in Broward County is authorized to investigate reports of sanitary nuisance, and if such condition is determined to constitute a sanitary nuisance, DOH-Broward may take such action to abate the said nuisance condition in accordance with the law.
A sanitary nuisance is the commission of any act, by an individual, municipality, organization, or corporation, or the keeping, maintaining, propagation, existence, or permission of anything, by an individual, municipality, organization, or corporation, by which the health or life of an individual, or the health or lives of individuals, may be threatened or impaired, or by which or through which, directly or indirectly, disease may be caused. This includes:
- Untreated or improperly treated human waste, garbage, offal, dead animals, or dangerous waste materials from manufacturing processes harmful to human or animal life and air pollutants, gases, and noisome odors which are harmful to human or animal life.
- Improperly built or maintained septic tanks, water closets, or privies.
- The keeping of diseased animals dangerous to human health.
- Unclean or filthy places where animals are slaughtered.
- The creation, maintenance, or causing of any condition capable of breeding flies, mosquitoes, or other arthropods capable of transmitting diseases, directly or indirectly to humans.