HIV/AIDS Patient Care
Florida Department of Health in Broward CountyContact
Early entry into care and adherence to anti-retroviral therapy improves health outcomes to people living with HIV/AIDS and also reduces transmission. As part of the continuum of HIV/AIDs patient care in Broward County, the Florida Department of Health in Broward County offers the following HIV/AIDS patient care programs listed below.AIDS Drugs Assistance Program
The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) is a statewide, federally funded prescription medication program for low-income people living with HIV. This program provides access to medications to eligible uninsured clients or by purchase of health insurance that includes coverage for HIV medications.
If you are HIV positive and:
- Need HIV/AIDS medications
- Have income at 400% or less of the Federal Poverty Level
- Are uninsured or do not have adequate prescription coverage.
- Are not confined to a hospital, nursing home, hospice, or correctional facility.
ADAP Can Help!
- You must be determined eligible to receive HIV Patient Care services through the Patient Care eligibility screening process.
- Visit our ADAP Enrollment page
- To contact ADAP at DOH-Broward please call 954-213-0623
- Enroll in ADAP.
- Get your prescriptions filled.
Medications ADAP Provides
A complete list of drugs that ADAP provides can be found on the Florida ADAP formulary.
Uninsured clients served by a county health department that has no on-site pharmacy will be served through a specialty pharmacy – please visit our Specialty Pharmacy Services page.
Connect with DOH