TALLAHASSEE—During the summer months, the Florida Department of Health sees an increase in reports of infections due to Vibrio vulnificus. In an effort to educate the public on the proper precautionary measures, the Florida Department of Health has launched a new webpage to provide educational materials regarding this bacterium, which can cause serious illness or death. The webpage contains background information on the disease, downloadable broadcast-quality video and a "frequently asked questions" section. The department encourages Florida residents and visitors to learn about Vibrio, what causes infection and to take the proper precautions to stay safe this summer.
- Raising Awareness Of The Dangers Of Menthol Cigarettes
- State Surgeon General Applauds Mars Endorsement Of Eating Less Sugar
- Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act Implementation
- Hillsborough Health Laboratory Directors Receive Awards For Exemplary Service
- "EMS Strong" During National Emergency Medical Services Week
- Dr. Kevin Sherin Appointed as Orange County Director
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
954-467-4700 Ext. 5582 (Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM) 954-734-3046 (24hours/7days)
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals