TALLAHASSEE — The Florida Department of Health has announced eight new positive cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Florida. To keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware about the status of the virus, the Department is issuing regular updates as information becomes available.
Governor Ron DeSantis has signed Executive Order 20-315 which outlines that providers can only administer the COVID-19 vaccine to the following groups:
– Long-term care facility residents and staff.
– Persons 65 years of age and older.
– Health care personnel with direct patient contact.
– Persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers.
All Florida Department of Health in Broward County offices, COVID-19 Call Center & all virus test collection sites will be CLOSED on Thursday & Friday, December 24 and 25, 2020, and Thursday & Friday, December 31, 2020 and January 1, 2021, in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. All virus test collection sites will close at 1PM on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 and Wednesday, January 30, 2020.
All DOH-Broward operated walk -up specimen collection sites for COVID-19 testing are available without an appointment. Please call 954-412-7300 only for general information about COVID-19 and appointments for mobile testing for home bound individuals. DOH-Broward COVID-19 testing is provided at no cost.
Please see https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Pages/Collection-Sites.aspx for updated information about COVID-19 specimen collection sites in Broward County.Guidance for Individuals with Disabilities
No events at this time
- Radon Month
- Florida Vaccine Update
- Governor Ron DeSantis, Hospital CEOs Announce Distribution Plan for Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation and Recognize Statewide Progress on Vaccine Distribution
- Florida Department of Health Issues Update on COVID-19
- The Florida Department of Health Recognizes World AIDS Day
- Rabies Alert 9-10-20 Davie2
- 2020 West Nile-Advisory
- Covid-19 Walk-Up Testing at Mitchell Moore Park
- New COVID-19 Community Active Survey
(954) 847-8039 (Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM) 954-734-3046 (24hrs/7days)
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals