TALLAHASSEE — The Florida Department of Health has announced eight new positive cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Florida. To keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware about the status of the virus, the Department is issuing regular updates as information becomes available.
Vulnerable populations at risk for severe COVID-19:
Certain populations are at greater risk of progressing to severe disease and warrant more significant consideration for prophylaxis or treatment.
- Patients who are older (≥65 years), have comorbidities, or are immunocompromised are at higher risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19.
- When necessary, providers should prioritize treating patients at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19 illness, including older and immunocompromised individuals and those with clinical risk factors.
Please see https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Pages/Collection-Sites.aspx for updated information about COVID-19 specimen collection sites in Broward County.Click here for up to date information related to monkeypox in Florida
No events at this time
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez Joins Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo to Highlight National HIV Testing Day
- Treatment Locator
- Provider Alert Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines
- Governor Desantis Freedom First Budget Signing Ensures a Healthier Future for Floridians
- Florida Department of Health Promotes Generator Safety Ahead of 2022 Disaster Preparedness Tax Holiday
- Update on monkeypox
- The Florida Department of Health in Broward County Provides an Update on the Current National Infant Formula Shortage
- Florida Department of Health in Broward County lifts advisory concerning the Harrison Street Beach in Hollywood
- Florida Department of Health in Broward County issues advisory concerning the Harrison Street Beach in Hollywood
- Broward County Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Treatment Site at Markham Park
(954) 847-8039 (Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM) 954-734-3046 (24hrs/7days)
|Download the Full List of Reportable Diseases and Conditions|
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals